Hudbay has operated in the Flin Flon Greenstone Belt for over 85 years, mining approximately 145 million tonnes of ore during that time. We are using this experience to lead our business today. Through ongoing investments in mines, infrastructure and people, we work hard to ensure our operations consistently meet production targets and cost objectives.
Our operations are currently based near Flin Flon and Snow Lake, Manitoba:
- The 777 mine produces zinc, copper, gold and silver. Commercial production began in 2004, and the mine is expected to continue until 2020.
- The Lalor mine produces zinc, copper, gold and silver and is located in the Chisel Basin of the FFGB. Initial production began in August 2012 and the mine reached commercial production in the third quarter of 2014.
- The Reed mine is a high-grade copper deposit, also located in the FFGB, which commenced initial production in September 2013. The project achieved commercial production ahead of guidance and completed construction under budget in the first quarter of 2014.
- Our processing facilities in Flin Flon include the Flin Flon concentrator and a state-of-the-art zinc plant.
- In Snow Lake, our concentrator processes ore from the nearby Lalor mine. The refurbished Snow Lake concentrator was commissioned in the third quarter of 2014 and now has the capacity to treat 2,700 tonnes per day.